A little over a week ago we held our latest planning meeting for Help Portrait Baltimore. Lots of exciting things are taking place and we thought we’d share a few of the important points with you. In this past meeting, we covered a number of items including:
The planning team has decided that we will organize three locations in 2012. We will return to Helping Up Mission and add two new locations for 2012. Potential locations include Women’s shelters, Teen Programs and Hospitals.
For three locations we’ll need to raise between $1,800 and $2,400.00. The more support that we can generate, the more services we can provide at each location. Funds will go towards the purchase of printers, ink, paper, hair & makeup products and other supplies needed to run each location. We will focus our fundraising efforts in three areas.
- Online Auction: We will request donations from local businesses to be posted in an online auction where all funds will go towards supporting Help Portrait in Baltimore.
- Direct Support: We’ll work with friends and family to support Help Portrait through direct donations. We’ve setup an online donation form for 2012 and we’d love any and all support we can get.
- Groupon Grassroots Campaign: This is a very exciting development that we just learned about today. We’re going to post details separately of this post, but you do not want to miss out on this. This is an amazing way that we can raise some serious donations and get matching donations that will double the dollars donated! This is SO EXCITING!!!
The most important resource for our success in 2012 are the amazing people that are so kind to donate their time and skills to help make the lives of those less fortunate in Baltimore. This year, we need all hands on deck and we’re going to work hard to make sure we’re putting together amazing teams and serving each location in an amazing way. As in years past, we’ll have three primary teams of volunteers.
- Hair & Makeup
- Photographers & Photo Editors
Can you help out this year? Please jump into our community and get involved. We need to get a good idea of who are volunteers are so we can begin putting teams together and get the ball rolling for December 8th. We know it seems early, but Help Portrait is only 10 weeks away and we’ve got a lot to do.
So, now you know what’s cooking at Help Portrait Baltimore. But what now? What should you do? First, join the new Help Portrait Baltimore community!
- Join the group you’ll volunteer with and share all the wonderful and amazing ideas.
- Put our next planning meeting on the calendar and invite a friend or two to come with you!
- Know a business that would support Help Portrait through a donation of a gift card or product we can include in our auction? Give them a buzz or let us know who to chat with! No donation is too small!
- Know a great organization that might be a excellent location for Help Portrait? Do tell! We’re taking all suggestions and recommendations. Help us make a difference!
Such an exciting time and we truly hope you’ll join us in making Help Portrait 2012 the best year yet for Help Portrait in Baltimore!