Before getting into the details for 2012, I’d like to apologize for the slow communication about Help-Portrait Baltimore in the past month. I’ve had a number of things on my plate that have simply sucked up an amazing amount of my time and the communication has simply not been there. I apologize and want to let you all know that the whirlwind is over and communication from the Baltimore team will flow steadily from here till the event.
There have been a number of folks seeking an update on 2012’s Help-Portrait Baltimore and we thought it would be a good idea to put up the latest information we have for Help-Portrait Baltimore. Please feel free to post comments & questions about the events below. We hope to have at least one if not two team meetings before the 8th. We’ll get word out as quickly as we can once those are in place. If you are interested in letting us know your availability for meetings, please visit our doodle link and add your information.
There have been a number of people involved in planning Help-Portrait Baltimore 2012 and we’re excited about the two locations we’ll be working with this year. Our primary or largest location will be at Helping Up Mission. Our second location will be a at a local Women’s Support Center. We expect to serve approximately 200 individuals, couples and families in total through these two locations. We need specific help at each one and hope you can join us in serving Baltimore.
At each location we need a specific set of volunteers and support.
Helping Up Mission
At Helping up mission or needs are photographers, photo editors and hospitality. As men are the primary subjects in these photos, the need for a hair and makeup crew is minimal so we try and keep things simple at this location. Last year there were a number of couples and families that partook in the event, so our goal will be creating a warm and welcoming environment for all. Some ideas we have include musical entertainment, coloring and games for the kids, snacks and refreshments for all. To pull off a great event, we’re seeking the following team.
- 12-15 Photographers / Photo Editors – We would like to setup 4-5 photo stations that would have teams working together to deliver final products. These teams would consist of 2-3 photographers that would work together to take photos, edit photos and print photos. If you have a solid backdrop in either white, black or gray that would be amazing as well.
- 15 Hospitality Folks – These individuals would be there to engage the clients, man the check-in table, guide people through the process, and keep the food and refreshments flowing. Our hospitality team sets the mood and we need people that love to serve and love on people. We want this to be an amazing day, filled with fun, excitement and upbeat energy.
- Entertainment – We’d be interested in meeting up with a local band or musical group that might be able to contribute to the day through music. Mixing a bunch of Holiday specific music through the place and bringing a festive rush to the mix would be awesome!
If you can fill a role, please let us know through the form below. We welcome all who are interested in helping us make this day amazing!
The needs of this women’s shelter are to focus on women and their families. This will be a smaller opportunity but we need a team of women to serve and love on these ladies. As there are women included here, we will will need the following mix of volunteers.
- 6 Photographers / Photo Editors – We are seeking three teams to work this event. This will be a smaller event, but we need the same capabilities in our photographers and editors. Knowledge of Lightroom for editors, basic lighting setup with solid background for photographers.
- 6-8 Hospitality Folks – These individuals will connect and guide the women and their families through the process. It’s all about LOVE for this location. We need the team to pour out their passion and love on these ladies and show them an amazing time. You’ll help with check-in, snacks & refreshments, guiding through the process and anything that may come up as a need.
- 10-12 Hair & Makeup – As the client base will primarily be women, we want to provide an amazing experience. One of the ways we can do that is through pampering these women. We are seeking at least 10-12 hair and makeup specialists that can help us on this day. The more artists we have, the more time we can spend with each woman and truly pamper them.
For this team, we need people that are 100% committed. We need folks that are truly invested in the day. We cannot have 30 people tell us they are coming and only 10 show up, this is a very important location to our team and we want to make sure we have the right coverage for the event. If you’re available and would like to participate, please complete the form below and let us know you’re interested.
Financials / Donation
Each year we have a certain level of expenses for with each event. Including printers, paper, ink, frames, food, beverages, decorations, hair & makeup supplies and so much more. We work with our volunteers and the community to support this activity so we can provide an amazing event for those that we’re serving. This year we’re asking volunteers if they can chip in $10 to support the event along with sharing about the need to your friends and family. To find out more about the needs we have and how to give online, please visit our donations page.